Sunday, March 2, 2014

NEWS!!!

**flashback!**

you may know that around thanksgiving of last year i suffered a terrible blow learning that my fiancee (at the time) had been cheating on me. i also learned that a dear relative of mine who was married with (i think) five children had been victim of this same plague. i knew toooo many peoplel with this same story (which was now mine also) that i lost my faith in men entirely. then i met someone on LDS singles. we met in person, he was great, we started dating, then he dumped me after three days of a relationship. that was the last straw! i decided that all men (except my brothers, dad, and brother in law)  were worthless scum who could all go die and i swore myself to the life of a nun.

on monday, january 6, i got a message on LDS singles from a really cute guy. i replied and even agreed to go out with him that friday. i knew he was going to be like every other guy anyway so i had nothing to gain or lose. i was positive that it wouldn't go anywhere.

well our first date was really good. he was a really nice guy, but i honestly didn't think anything would come of it. the next day i was in salt lake (where he lives) with a friend and i surprisingly wanted to see that guy again! so i made it work and i started thinking that maybe he was a good guy, but maybe he wasn't and he was a lying piece of trash like AAALLLLLLL other men and he was just tricking me.

**fast forward!** well, two months later, roody is not a lying piece of junk. he is actually really awesome. he's SO awesome, in fact, that he is the last guy that will ever have the privilege of calling himself my boyfriend. yesterday, he called my dad and asked for his blessing for our marriage, to which my father agreed (i assume enthusiastically). roody was so excited to tell me that he took the trax from salt lake to draper so he could tell me in person. we celebrated with some sparkling cider :)

so for all intensive purposes (LOL) i am engaged! but we are waiting until roody does something awesome and surprisey for the actual proposal and ring bestowal until it's FBOFFICIAL--which is the only kind of official that matters anymore, you know.


so now that the mushy stuff is out of the way, let's get down to the neetty greetty. 

we have decided to wait until miriam is home from her mission to get married, so we are looking at friday, october 24 as our wedding date. we are planning to be sealed in the manti temple, just like my cute parents. we will have the reception at my parents' house the following day. please SAVE THE DATE and make the necessary preparations! i want our family and friends to share this special day with us. also, i would appreciate opinions on having/ not having an open house in henderson/ las vegas.

this time it's happening :)  

thank you ROODY!! you are the greatest thing that ever happened and i love you!!!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm stoked for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not from Henderson of course, but I think a LOT of family and friends would feel cheated out of not getting to celebrate with you. You grew up there, went to school there and have a lot of people who would love to see you I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will Uncle Stan get an invite, or will he have to go die with the rest of the worthless scum? Inquiring minds want to know. HAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete