Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dammi un bacino!


SO much to write. This weekend was awesome from Friday to Sunday. Friday I decided to go dancing with my girls, but I also wanted to see Giulio. I went back into the city after dinner and stayed at Giulio’s restaurant while he closed everything. The till was off a bit, so he asked me to count it. That was cute. And then he couldn’t find the keys, so he went upstairs to look for them. He found them and everything was fine. When everything was done, we went and sat under the stars and talked. It was awesome. Then I went to the club without him because apparently guys don’t like dancing very much…
The club was so much fun this time! The girls here are awesome. I’m glad I am doing my internship frankly, but I’m also really glad that they are here. We met some awesome guys and we danced like crazy. After we were done there, we all went our separate ways. I walked to Ashley’s apartment with her. We snuck in (it was getting close to 3 am) and went to bed after she showed me her old pictures of when she was a… bigger girl. We woke up at 6:30, and I caught the bus to the station so I could go to the INTERNATIONAL CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL!!!

I got there early enough to buy a hot chocolate and a magazine. Then my friends, Natalia (Australian) and Bettina (Swiss) got there and we caught the train to Chiusi. Chiusi is a cute town but there is absolutely NOTHING to do there. We had an hour layover and we walked around a little bit. I did buy this little black and gold scarf. I think I’ll put it in my hair tomorrow. Then we got the next train to Terontola. Terontola was even less eventful then Chiusi. We had two hours there. Finally, we got the train to Perugia. It was packed and I had to sit next to these really creepy guys. One of them had an accent very similar to Giulo’s, and according to Giuli, Albanians are creeps, so maybe he was Albanian.
The Choco Fest was AWESOME!! There were so many people and so many different types of chocolate. I bought SO MUCH chocolate. (luckily it’s all for other people so I won’t eat it.) Some was really expensive some, really cheap; there were hot chocolate, Italian chocolate, Swiss chocolate, chocolate crepes, chocolate liquor, chocolate covered dried fruit, and even a climbing wall in the shape of a huge chocolate bar.

Towards the end of our time there, we stopped into a shoe store. Uh-oh. I had had in my mind for about the week or so previous this image in my head: my feet in some honey brown short boots, no heel and a wide mouth so they would have some space at the ankle when I wore them. Specific? Not specific enough because I found them. And bought them. They were so expensive but just look at them! The cute little ribbon!! (for interest, the count for shoes purchased here is up to 4 pair…)
I got back to Siena around 9 and nonna picked me up from the train stash. Then I finished preparing the lesson for RS and went to sleep. I was running on three hours of sleep.
Sunday I was very nervous for the lesson. I taught about a month ago and it was a disaster, that’s why I wanted to try again. This time I was notably more prepared and it went really well! I was so grateful for all the help I received. Our prayers really are answered.
After Sunday school, I was talking to my friend Luca and he was telling me that one of the ladies in the ward didn’t want to go on his motorcycle. I was like “I wanna go!” and he was like “Really?” so I gave him my digits and I am going to be riding on the back of his motorcycle someday soon!!! Hello Lizzie Mc Guire!
In sacrament, one of the missionaries translated all the talks in English. It kind of annoyed me because its like this is the branch of Siena. We can’t just come here and take over and translate everything into English. But at the same time, if I was in a place where I didn’t know any of the language, I would really appreciate it if someone would translate for me. Well the point of telling that is to explain that I had to leave church early because I had to go with Cristi my co-worker out to her friend, Romina’s, house. Cri picked me up with her cute little tiny friend Chiara. We drove about an hour out to Cortona. That place was incredibly beautiful. I told them it looked like a fairy tale. Well I thought it was a lunch for me, Cri, Chiara, and Romina. Turns out it was the family lunch. Romina’s mom, sister, dad, and two nieces were also there.

The dinner was absolutely exquisite. For prima we had: lasagna with ragù and lasagna with pesto then for seconda there was filled chicken, roasted chicken, lamb and peas. Dessert was chocolate tiramisu. OMG I can’t even believe food that good is allowed in mortality. Good thing my ghost dialed 911 when I died of happiness.

After lunch I drew some pictures with the 8 year old niece, Federica, and she taught me how to say fox: “volpe.” She would tell me an animal and I would draw it. And if she didn’t know the English I would tell her. She was darling. Well after we hung out for a long time, we realized that we needed to be going. We wanted to see the city a little bit. It was already about 6 pm and getting dark. We went to Cortona. It was adorable! It was really cold but it was such a cute city. I would like to go again. I think that every little Italian city has its own personality.

Siena is kinda like the big sister. Its cute and nice, but still needs your respect. Cortona was like a birthday party for an 11-year-old girl. Let me explain. It wasn’t loud and crazy like I would imagine of 7-, 8-, 9- year-olds. It was a birthday party where we all sit and watch movies and eat popcorn. It has this youthfulness, this sense of being carefree. Everyone walked so slowly and I took a second to remember that I could walk just as slowly because there was nothing for me to worry about. Everyone there was just enjoying themselves. I loved it.

Today I got told that: if I were a food, I would be a pineapple.
Today I learned: a new secret
Today I revealed that Giulio said: “Dammi un bacio”
Today I almost: applied for a job at Disneyland

No comments:

Post a Comment